Tuesday, September 14, 2021

     Welcome to my blog!


    Hi guys! My name is Michelle Theisen and I was born and raised right here in Fairbanks, Alaska. I am a sophomore at UAF majoring in Psychology. I love hiking and talking long walks in the evening to watch the sunset. I have a cat, his name is Dallas, and I love him very much (I'll include a picture of him below). Cats are my favorite animals after all! I love playing volleyball, and I used to play for my high school, but since graduating I just play recreationally now. I love cooking, and I try to make dinner for my boyfriend and I every night. I always try to find new and exciting recipes, while also creating my own. My favorite thing to cook is pesto mozzarella pasta with chicken, more pesto, and tomatoes on top, it's super yummy and really easy to make, all while being very healthy as well. I love baking muffins and bread, and I have recently started making my own sourdough bread, which is super interesting and fun. Thanks for reading and being a part of my blog journey!

    I love music which is why I took this class to begin with. I started playing the violin around the age of 10, and I played all through middle and high school. Making music, and listening to music, is one of the ways I relax and de-stress at the end of the day. I have been in many school concerts and played music for people in many other settings, and there is a thrill about performing that I can't duplicate by doing anything else! My favorite artist will always be Harry Styles. I followed his journey through being in One Direction to going solo and creating his own music. I'm going to his concert in Portland in November, and I have never been more excited! I'm going with one of my best friends, and we have waited almost 2 years to go to this concert because it kept getting rescheduled due to COVID. I enjoy many different genres of music, all the way from classical/instrumental to hard rock. My favorite artists right now are Greta Van Fleet, Vundabar, and Ritt Momney. I love going to local concerts because there are great musicians here in Fairbanks, and something about live music just makes it so much better than listening through my phone. I'll add a link to my Spotify. I have lots of different playlists I've created to listen to according to my mood and what I want the music to make me feel. 

My Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/user/michellerose10?si=uAiof2IaR7C6vJNoxPRWRQ&dl_branch=1  












3 comments:

The Ukulele Fool said...

Going to a One Direction concert. Yeah! I haven't been to a live concert since January of 2020.

Jen said...

Michelle!!! We went to middle & high school together, played in the orchestra together, and were obsessed with One Direction together! Reading this was such a throw back for me. Lol. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well at UAF; best of luck in your studies!

Aimee Chico said...

Hello! I am in your music class and your blog is adorable. I have just started listening to Harry Styles and his most recent album, and I am obsessed with his fashion style. I see snippets of his concerts all over social media, seems like a lot of fun!

2 Songs for the End of the World

 2 Songs for the End of the World      I have specific songs that I listen to for when I'm feeling sad, anxious, happy, tired, and prett...